Wishlist for Google Adwords
Recently I put together a list of things I would like to see in the Google Adwords UI. While these applications are for larger search accounts and are very “Pie in the Sky” I figured it would be fun to throw them all out there and see if any become a reality:
• Adding grouping to campaigns for reporting/budget allocation
e.g. “Data Center Efficiency – Branded – Broad”, “Federal Government – Branded – Broad”, and “Rugged Terms” all fall under the user-defined FED group)
This would allow the granularity associated with testing campaign-level settings but the ability to roll up the data for reporting and budgeting purposes. While filters exist for this purpose, it only provides the total for that filter instead of subtotals for all filters – resulting in dozens of CSV exports instead of 1 with subtotals.
• Adding additional columns for groupings defined by the user
• Built in attainment percentages to see how our spend measures against our budget targets
Formula: (Current spend towards IO / (Total budget / Date range listed on IO * Current live days)) – Breaking these out by the grouping listed above would be AWESOME
• Changing the negative keywords from the bottom of the keywords tab to another tab like the desktop editor
• Search query reports that check if keywords exist in other accounts under the same MCC
• Checking for duplicate keywords across multiple accounts
• Stats by negative keyword on impressions blocked (I know this is defiantly a pie in the sky) but would allow us to either refine the negative if it is blocking TOO much traffic or reduce errors on negative match type
• Rank creative by deviation from ad group average (to call out which ads within an adgroup causes the largest drag on CTR and which of the best performers need to be kept/modeled after)
Change History Exports
• Make exports more usable by splitting out changes into different columns. This would allow us to tie in optimizations by line as well as filter through the data quickly. When all details is selected it gives keywords by name with [ ] or “” could that be replaced with a match type column?
• Save custom date range or apply rules to custom date range to prevent manually entering one fiscal week after another
e.g. an option: following (same unit of time) from custom date range, previous (same unit of time) from custom date range
e.g. Entering quarter start and end dates for exports by quarter
Have any others you would add? Leave a comment below.